Get ready for International Women's Day on March 8March 2, 2017
International Women's Day is nearly here!
Use International Women's Day (IWD) on March 8 as an important opportunity to:
- celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women because visibility and awareness help drive positive change for women
- declare bold actions you'll take as an individual or organization to help progress the gender agenda because purposeful action can accelerate gender parity across the world
Run your own #BeBoldForChange IWD campaign
One of the most powerful ways you can influence how quickly gender parity is achieved is through championing a #BeBoldForChange campaign within your own organization:
- CALL FOR ACTION: ask friends and colleagues what bold actions the're taking to help drive gender parity (e.g. take a junior woman to a client or sales meeting; challenge organizers of all-male speaking panels; launch a purposeful female-focused initiative; educate boys about stereotypes and violence against women; nominate women for senior jobs; donate time to a female-focused charity; mentor a woman; form a support network; etc)
- DECLARE ACTION: ask friends and colleagues to declare bold action on the IWD website
- DOWNLOAD SELFIE CARDS: use the #BeBoldForChange selfie cards for social media amplification
- DOWNLOAD POSTERS: download the #BeBoldForChange posters and ask colleagues to write or add yellow sticky notes for their bold actions
- EMBED WIDGET: embed the #BeBoldForChange widget on your own website or intranet and call for others to declare their bold action
- THUNDERCLAP YOUR SUPPORT: lend your support via the #BeBoldForChange Thunderclap to help drive wider awareness about gender parity
Host a #BeBoldForChange IWD event
Coordinating an IWD event? Invite your speaker/s to articulate and explain that exact moment when they themselves took bold action to help improve or develop an aspect of their own livelihood, career or business - or that of another woman's, or women's status overall:
- what was their bold moment?
- how did they do it?
- what motivated them?
- what difference did they make?
- how can others learn from this?
Host a proactive discussion regarding:
- what constitutes "bold" action?
- what conditions are necessary to enable "bold" action?
- what are the consequences of "bold" action?
- what are some examples of "bold" action already taken in your context?
Build a "Bold Actions" wall:
- get colleagues to commit to action
- post their actions on a "Bold Actions" wall
- photograph the "Bold Actions" wall
- share via social media
Ask the audience to declare bold action via their smart phones:
- send your audience to the IWD "Bold Actions" declaration page
- OR use the #BeBoldForChange widget to send the audience to your website's "Bold Actions" declaration page. Show and share results real-time, if desired.
Social share your support
Social share your bold actions and support by downloading and printing the #BeBoldForChange selfie card. Co-branding is welcome. Promote your support for bold action via social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube, etc) using the "hands in" visual concept.