We will post this one-time message to your account on
August 12 at 8:00AM EDT.
Make the message your own! Customize this tweet.
Total social reach added
Spread the word. Invite friends to join the Thunder.
by 96 Elephants category: Cause
96 elephants are killed every day in Africa. You can stop it.
This World Elephant Day, August 12, people around the globe are uniting to protect and celebrate elephants. They need our help. Increasing demand for ivory is driving African forest elephants to extinction. Show your support for these amazing animals and “Go Grey” to join the herd:
1. Click "Support with Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr" to get the word out to your followers and friends. Be sure to ask them to sign up for this Thunderclap too.
2. Take and share a greyscale (black and white) selfie and tag it with #GoGrey.
3. Turn your social media profile pictures and backgrounds to greyscale.
4. Wear grey: grey clothes, grey ribbons, grey hair. You get the picture.
5. On Tuesday, August 12, watch as everyone’s messages are shared in celebration of elephants!
Learn more about the plight of elephants and what you can do to help at 96elephants.org/wed.
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is leading global efforts to save Africa’s elephants and end the current poaching and ivory trafficking crisis. In September 2013, WCS launched its 96 Elephants campaign to amplify and support the Clinton Global Initiative's “Partnership to Save Africa’s Elephants” by stopping the killing, stopping the trafficking, and stopping the demand. The WCS campaign focuses on securing effective moratoria on sales of ivory, bolstering elephant protection, and educating the public about the link between ivory consumption and the elephant poaching crisis. Join the herd at www.96elephants.org