Water Leaders in Washington, DC on 9/10/14September 8, 2014Water leaders from around the country are on their way to Washington, DC today! We are holding a #WaterWorks press conference on Wednesday, September 10 at 10:45am EST, followed by a Congressional briefing.
For over 100 years, utilities across the country have been putting people to work to construct, operate, and maintain the water and wastewater infrastructure that we rely on daily. By joining our Thunderclap, you have shown your support of investment in infrastructure which will drive jobs creation and boost the US economy. We are truly grateful.The press conference will stream live at www.WaterWorksCampaign.org.
Thank you for your continued support!
Please keep the support going!August 27, 2014Thank you all for joining our Thunderclap!
If you'd like to do more, you can post on social media using the hashtag #WaterWorks
Here are some sample messages for you to use on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, etc:
- I joined the #WaterWorks thunderclap to support water jobs & infrastructure investment! We need your voice! RT. http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- One-fifth of the US economy would grind to a halt without a reliable and clean supply of water. RT. #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- Support jobs, support the US economy, support our future. We need to invest in water infrastructure. #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- Lend your voice to clean water, jobs & services to support h2o infrastructure & nat’l funding. Because #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- Don’t overlook what’s going on underground. Water infrastructure needs national attention. RT #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- Unseen should not mean unappreciated. Water infrastructure needs national attention. RT #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- Despite best efforts, our US water and wastewater systems are failing and received a D grade. A huge investment is needed and leads to maintaining reliable service while providing new jobs. #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- It takes 32 gallons of water to make one glass of wine; 70 gallons to make a t-shirt, 40,000 to make a car. Without water, we can’t grow crops, we can’t manufacture goods, we can’t survive. It’s time to invest in infrastructure. #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- 98% of infrastructure investments for water and sewer are paid for by water agencies and their customers. We need govt to budget now; let’s fix it before it breaks. Please share! #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
- The water sector provides good jobs as well as workforce development, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Please share! #WaterWorks http://tinyurl.com/WaterWorksThunderclap
You're welcome to use our pipes graphic above as well. Thank you again for participating in our Thunderclap and for supporting our cause!