We will post this one-time message to your account on
November 29 at 12:00PM EST.
Make the message your own! Customize this tweet.
Estimated social reach added
Spread the word. Invite friends to join the Thunder.
by Pennies of Time category: Charity
Fred Rogers always had a way to make us think. The following words of wisdom are repeated and shared when bad things happen in the world. “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’”
This year, Pennies of Time is raising funds to help with our newest project: When Bad Things Happen.
Have you ever wondered what to say to your kids or grandkids when bad things happen in the world? Whether it is a natural disaster, a family crisis, or an occurrence of violence in our communities, families need to know how to talk to their kids and how to respond when bad things happen.
The goal for the project is to have tangible resources for families to use with their kids when bad things happen. These tangible resources will fill a need in our communities and prepare the way for families to know what to do when bad things happen, including how to help others. We need your help to make that happen!
Pennies of Time, with the input of partner organizations, is developing two free resources for families and community members to use “when bad things happen.”
With the donations from Giving Tuesday, two Free Resources will be developed and distributed: a free parent book that provides language and examples of what to do when bad things happen, and a child book, showing how a child can respond when a bad thing happens. These resources will kick off our efforts to support families to know how to respond when bad things happen and become the helpers in our communities.
What exactly will be in the free resource?
The resources will answer the following questions:
• What do I say to my kids? What can I show my kids?
• How do I teach them to be resilient and positive when so much bad stuff is happening?
• How can we respond with kindness in our community?
2. Donate! Your donation to Pennies of Time is tax deductible. Make a donation anytime to help meet our goal. All donors receive the “Compassion Conversations” prompts and “Conversation Starters for Toddlers”–AND an electronic copy of the Parent Resource when it goes “live.” Donors that give $50 or more enter to win a bonus prize, the Pennies of Time Kindness Kangaroo, a great and engaging tool to use to get kindness going in your family. http://penniesoftime.com/giving-tuesday/
Examples of What You Can Say on Social Media to Support Pennies of Time:
4. Introduce Pennies of Time to businesses and corporations: Do you work for or know of a business or corporation that would be interested in partnering with Pennies of Time to provide resources and have the tools to empower kids to become the helpers when bad things happen? We are looking for donations, in-kind donations, and also for highly qualified volunteers to fill specific needs for the project. Please contact Sheila, our President, to share with us your business partner suggestions: email@example.com
Your donation and support will make a difference so that families are better equipped to respond to our world and start the journey of becoming the helpers in our communities.
Pennies of Time
Pennies of Time is a nonprofit dedicated to providing resources and tools for families to raise kind kids and become compassionate problem solvers. Through our Kindness Academy, we provide resources and mentoring to families helping them navigate the journey of creating lasting kindness habits.