We will post this one-time message to your account on
June 19 at 12:00PM CDT.
Make the message your own! Customize this tweet.
Total social reach added
Spread the word. Invite friends to join the Thunder.
by Eric J Cockrell (Studio Erbo) category: Crowdfunding
When punk band Blister split in the summer of 1995, they were largely unknown. “Wellington Punk”, as they referred to it, was a small riff in this genre’s history — not much to shout about and even less to speak of. But speak, we shall! Longtime music marketer, Eric J. Cockrell, has amped up the volume to help breathe new life into Blister, sharing the band’s story with the angsty account, garage band banter and hardcore observations of lead singer/guitarist, Bert Brixley (AKA Blister).
Blister is a teenager in a punk band looking for his place in an evolving world. He thinks he’s got things figured out, but he is continually challenged by everyday issues—you know… girls, jerks, and the age old question, “Am I punk enough?” Can one ever really be punk enough? Answers to these questions and how Blister navigates his world along with his conspiracy theorist best friend and bandmate, Harvey Schnieder, whom he refers to as a “perpetual fifth-grader” puts punk in perspective and rebellion within reach.
1. 32 pages of a super honest look at those teenage years, and set in the greatest decade to grow up during, the 90's!
2. The book contains the entire Angela story, and an extra four page story illustrating how fun it was to connect to the internet in the 90's (SPOILER ALERT: it sucked). Commentary in the book brings you back to the 90's for a little world building.
3. Every reward tier comes with the audio drama, taken right from the novel, with sound effects that set the scene and bring you into the story.
4. Every reward tier includes an actual Blister song, and it's really bad ass.
5. You can go way beyond the awesome comic and get the bad ass novel it's based on.
Come for the comic book, at $10 with free domestic shipping (including the digital enhancements), stay for the novel at the $25 and above tier.
Exclusive Six-Page Preview
Punkhouse Press - Preview
Eric J Cockrell (Studio Erbo)
My name is, Eric J Cockrell. I'm a comic book Creator/Writer/Artist from Bradley, IL, and currently act as President of Studio Erbo Comics, which began as an illustration and music marketing service in 2005. I regularly creates and publish work through this label. I have done work on anything from books and comic books to album covers to logos and letterheads. I'm also a traditionally trained Illustrator, having graduated from The American Academy of Art in Chicago, IL with a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, his major in Commercial Arts and Graphic Design.
My Profile on Comic Vine: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/eric-j-cockrell/4040-83055/