Seven wars in process. A potential war with North Korea and Iran. Tanks in our city streets. The War Machine rakes in the profits, and it's up to us to do something about it.
CODEPINK invites you to learn with us as we kick off a Divest from the War Machine campaign!
Join us and a broad coalition
of partner organizations for a day of examining the current state of the war machine (surprise - it’s thriving!) and learning the skills and knowledge necessary to use divestment as a tool to shine a critical light on the weapons producers that supply and profit from deadly hyper-militarism both at home and abroad. It's up to us to stop the companies making a killing on killing!
Through this strategy we plan to:
- Uncover the hold the military-industrial complex has on our government and our foreign policy
- Spark a vital public debate questioning the role of weapons manufacturers and military contractors in perpetuating conflict around the globe
- Expose how our financial and educational institutions are supporting those companies
- Inspire the public and investors to pressure these institutions to divest
- Hold the arms industry accountable in political and financial spheres for its culpability in the death and displacement of millions of innocent people
- Condemn our government’s prioritization of military spending and demand that diplomacy and aid, not militarism, be our country’s response to global conflicts.
During the summit we will hear from arms trade and foreign policy experts, voices from the military, those working on nuclear disarmament, and divestment experts in order to learn what will be necessary to make this an incredibly powerful movement!
Everyone can join this movement to #DivestFromWar! Livestream the event and share with your communities!