This campaign is to drive VOTES to the StartCon annual Startup awards (AU) and specifically to vote for me as a finalist in the 'best community/ecosystem player' category. Winner is by popular vote, so I'd love some votes: https://www.startcon.com/vote
I've been one year in the 'job' as (honorary!) Chair, North Sydney Innovation Network (NSIN). With an amazing team, we've grown our Meetup (events) group to over 3,100 members, the FB group is at 850+, Tw followers over 500.
The NSIN is *smashing it* with its range of activities on ZERO budget.
- Policy & Thought Discussions (Greg Hunt meeting & event)
- Shared Workspace Collaboration (quarterly meetings)
- Public & Special Interest Events (13+ in 2017)
- Monthly meetups at Workinc
- Quarterly EdTech events with the Aust. Catholic Uni
- International visits (Israel, Netherlands, Sweden)
- Pitch nights (quarterly)
- Government Advocacy (submissions to GSC, councils)
- Precinct Development (Platypus Innovation Precinct)
But we are now seeking funding (ref. http://tinyurl.com/NSINfunding2017
) and a bit of recognition - our brand is growing, but we're still a curiosity :-(
Within this context (fundraising and branding) and to celebrate the results we have achieved in this last year, I would really appreciate your support in these StartCon awards as a recognition not just of me, but the NSIN and all the north shore of Sydney has to contribute to the innovation ecosystem of Sydney.BUT DON'T FORGET THAT VOTING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
And you can do this daily! So, please:
- go to https://www.startcon.com/vote
- scroll down and click my head
- scroll further down, add your email address and press the “VOTE NOW”😀
and tell your friends even ahead of the Thunderclap campaign.THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!