Please help us reach our stretch goal of 400 supporters!
Toxic chemicals don’t
belong in our homes, products or bodies. Because of our weak state
and federal laws, toxic chemicals are harming our Fire
Fighters and children.
Fire Fighters are fighting illnesses and dying every
year, many due to cancers presumed to be from exposure to flame retardants. With many dying in hospitals or hospice, “with their boots
off” in addition to fires. They are
uniquely exposed to dozens of harmful, highly toxic
chemicals while in the line of fire, absorbing chemicals that we are
exposed to from the products in our homes.
flame retardant chemicals which were
forced out of infant pajamas because of their toxicity, are
still used in over 85% of the
couches in our homes. This is unacceptable!
These chemicals cause cancer in animals
and neurological problems in children. They are also thought to be affecting our fertility.
time we insist that chemical
their chemicals are safe for our families
and Fire Fighters before they are used. Fire fighters are the
canaries in the coalmine. Their health
problems as a result of being exposed to toxic chemicals should serve
as a warning for the health of our families. It’s
time to give toxic chemicals the boot!